- The Potato-Off was a bust. The Candyman's mashed potatoes where too loose to be tasty. I went with my own personal concoction of Twice-Baked Potato Casserole (layer mashed potatoes caramelized onions, chopped bacon and sharp cheddar cheese and repeat and bake) was too salty.
- I braved Black Friday and went to Green Hills Mall (for you non-locals, it's the fancy-schmancy mall in Nashville). I'm about $150 lighter in the wallet (thank you, Sephora and Express) but got a lot of stuff. Disappointed in the J. Crew selection.
- I also went to the reader-suggested pedicure place. The service was better, but the atmosphere wasn't quite as pleasant. Hm, conflicting nail spa quandaries to ponder at a future date.
- In my shopping absence, The Candyman brought down Christmas stuff from the attic. WITHOUT BEING ASKED TO. How fabulous is that?
- I have my first new hair brush after like years with my other brush. Isn't it like, unsanitary not get a new brush or clean your current one. I am so gross.
- I am seriously considering taking the last piece of pie. I have already had a giant piece today WITH Cool Whip (that shit is so effin' good). The Cadyman has already had WAY more than his share. I need to covet the last piece.
- New Moon was a total bust. Even the C6PA (Crazy 6-Pack Abs) of Jacob could not lull me into the level of stupidity needed to get past Bella's bad breathing/acting. And that's saying a lot. I am easily swayed to stupidity. Particularly when it involves C6PA.
- I ran into my college freshman roommate at Green Hills Mall. I haven't seen her since 1989. How. Weird. Is. That. I'll tell you: very. I just couldn't get over the fact that she looked exactly the same. Has everyone in the world stopped aging, but me?
Friday, November 27, 2009
Just a quick check-in on what's happening thus far in the Thanksgiving Holiday festivities of The Thirty-Something Bride and The Candyman. .
Posted by Louise at 7:31 PM