Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aloft Hotel Coolness

OK, so check it out. The Aloft Hotel opened up not long ago down in Cool Springs, about 15 miles out of Nashville. I work nearby and my company started using them when overnight vendors would come. I knew I had to work with them and get a hotel block for my Out-of-Towners!

So, I hooked up with Kristen, the Sales Goddess at Aloft. I met up with her the same night the hotel was doing this cool after-work wine tasting, snack eating thing. I mean, it was nice cheese and crackers and yummy tiny cookies and such. Snacks, but nice snacks. And the wine was good too (a local one!) and if someone would remind what it was, I'd be happy to sing praises.

Anyway...The Candyman and I sat down and chatted with her about Bridal Blocks and such. I like the lobby vibe there. It's cool and chic and new, but small so cozy feeling. We decided to have our Rehearsal Gathering there and I'm just totally psyched about it. I hope everyone comes. Since The Candyman and I are paying for this shindig, an additional Rehearsal Dinner would equal almost another reception and we just can't do it. We had been to a similar Rehearsal Gathering a year prior at James and Honni's wedding in Chapel Hill. I thought it was a grand idea. Most of our guests are from out of town and I think it would be hard to get everyone there on time for a rehearsal dinner the day before The Big Show. This way, people can come early, come late, whatever - just come!

At any rate, Ashely over at Ashley's Bride Guide (Nashville's local resource for all things bridal) hooked up with Kristen too not long ago and snapped these uber-cool photos of the lobby. Check it out!

All photos courtesy of Ashley's Bride Guide

It's got a very nice feeling at night. These day-time photos don't do it justice! It will be a great place to mingle and chat everyone up and really socialize. I have a feeling I'm going to be a little freaked out 24 hours later. In a good way though - a "HOLY $H*T, I'm MARRIED to The Candyman!" way. And that will be a very, very good thing. Remember the love, people. Remember the love.

3 comments:

  1. The Thirty Something BrideApril 30, 2009 at 8:35 AM

    I know! And it's FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally love Aloft also! Kristen is so great - we took some pics for the hotel and also shared a booth with her at a bridal show. Such a cool place, I love to recommend it.

    ~Rhonda Hendricks

    ReplyDelete