Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Perfect Wedding Car

I started investigating wedding transportation somewhere in the mayhem of my photographer search. I'd look for interesting rides as a "break" between photographer searches. Can you say "obsessive?" Yes, yes I can!

At any rate, The Candyman and I were looking for a ride from the chapel to the reception - a scant distance of four miles. The cheapest limo I could find was $81.92 an hour, with a minimum of three hours. Eh, not so bad, but not so great either. Besides, we just aren't limo-type people. With a little on-line searching I found the incredible Matchless Limousine service. While they have a fleet of vintage cars, the price tag was way over this Thirty-Something Bride's budget!

A little more Googling of "antique cars + nashville" and "classic car service + nashville" and I came across Sentimental Journeys who so kindly suggested I call Mr. Reggie Slaughter. Reggie, besides being one incredibly sweet man, is also the proud owner of a mint condition, totally tricked out 1939 Packard, shown here at the Nashville Bridal Expo in January. While I attended this show, I completely missed Reggie and his bad-ass ride.



For a fraction of the cost of other rental classic cars, I was able to pick this baby up for a Wedding Transfer (point A to point B) for $175. While this may sound a bit steep for a short ride, imagine what my photographer can do with a prop like this! Here's an example from Gray Photograph:

Too cool for school, right? Reggie is still working on his website for At Your Service Chauffeuring, but you can contact him via email at atyourservicechauffering@gmail.com (Yes, that is the correct spelling!) or via phone at 615-977-2210.

No comments:

Post a Comment