Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thanks, Betty.

Last night was supposed to be a casual get together of my BFF's who were in town last night. We were going to meet up at Rumours Wine Bar, have a glass or two of wine and then maybe wander across the street to Mirror for a little tapas and the good company of chef/owners Mike and Colleen. If you are local and you have never been here, you are missing out. This is one of my favorite things on the menu (duh, of course it's dessert!)

Allow me to introduce Chocolate Soup. That, my friends is a deep fried, dark chocolate truffle nestled in a nest of whipped cream. The soup? That's melted white chocolate. It's thinned with something incredible tasty, probably butter. Imagine the oogey gooey chocolate mess when you dive into that truffle. This, my little blog-reading buddies, is pure genius.

But I digress. My good friends and partners in crime, Alecia and Michele set up Rumours in good ol' fashioned Bachelorette Party style. After complaining about parties and showers and what not, I got exactly what I wanted without even really knowing what I wanted!

All the best and important people in my life were there (Except for you, Marie!But she did send me a lovely text during the affair!) and we just laughed and had fun and everyone got along from different corners of my life. It was just awesome.

Alecia and Michele were kind enough not to bring penis crowns or sippy cups and all that stuff that I can't stand. I was forced to wear a veil for a brief period of time. I did come to enjoy wearing my blink-y Bride-to-Be button, although I did put up a stink about it at first. It was just an extra accessory I hadn't planned on, so had to warm up to the idea.

The best part of the night was the new woman Michele introduced into our fold of friends.

I'd like to introduce Betty. She was a little under-dressed for the affair and I question her accessory choices for the venue. That's a whip there on her wrist. Clearly she was enjoying the Prosecco a little too much. Lush.

We became fast friends though. Look how close we got in such a brief amount of time. Betty partook in all sorts of adventures, all night long. She really enjoyed the red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.

Things got a little crazy though when we couldn't keep her off the pole.


She got a little out of hand at Mirror, so Kim had to kick her out. Here's Betty, gettin' the boot.


Thanks to everyone for the great night! I'm getting married tomorrow!

L.A. Barb, The Thirty-Something Bride, Aloha Alecia, D.C. Michele, California Cousin & MOH Sally, Nashville Kim, Atlanta Lisa. Woot! Woot!

I'd like to say congratulations to local bride and blog-reader, Sabine who is getting married TODAY! Best of luck and love to you today! I'll be thinking about you!

3 comments: