Thursday, June 25, 2009

The King of Pop - RIP

Wow. Totally weird. While I'm sure mothers of young boys around the world are heaving a huge sigh of relief, you gotta admit the guy had talent.

I remember seeing him on the American Music Awards in the early 80's. It was the first time he did the Moon Walk and I remember jumping off the couch and going absolutely ballistic. "What was that move? How did he float across the stage like that? OH. MY. GOD!" I remember that same week in my dance class - we watched the VHS video tape in the studio over and over so we could mimic his moves. I swear, that feels like yesterday, not 25 years ago!

I've always loved his music and am the proud owner of the Off the Wall LP record. At least I hope I am. I'm assuming it's still in the attic at my parents house!

Both he and Farrah - gone in the same day. Both nut jobs. But Michael was a true talent. The music world would not be where it is today without him. RIP, buddy. Hope you find some peace.

Post date correction: it was the Mowtown 25 show he Moon Walked on, not the American Music Awards! Whatever it was, it was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment