Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"I Wish" Wednesday

I really have no clue what I'm going to look like on my wedding day. I have an idea of my dress, but since it's not in yet and the size I tried on was a 16 (or 14, I can't remember) and I'm a street size 4 or 6, it's hard to envision myself.

I ordered those blue shoes that I blogged about yesterday. Those aren't confirmed yet.

I have the purse that my wonderful friend Trisha from The Hip Zipper got for me.

I absolutely adore all things vintage, but I'm never really sure if I look good in it. Y'know what I mean? Like, I have really hideous knees (it's true) and NEVER wear short skirts. Ever. I prefer long-ish style shorts too. It's just a thing I've got, OK? Had it my whole life and regardless of what other people think of my knees, I will continue to regard them with disdain and disgust for all eternity. I know I don't look good in short stuff. Not sure how I look in vintage.

But I digress. Again. The point is, what the hell do I want to look like on my wedding day? Dress? Check. Veil? Check. But the veil is only for the ceremony and what about afterwards? What then? The Candyman really likes the headband look. I do too. I love the Jennifer Behr headbands.

Similar to lots of pretty things, these are not in The Thirty-Something Bride's budget. The reality is, I never wear headbands. I don't like the regular kind because they always pinch behind my ears and that feeling just sucks. Who wants to deal with that on the day of The Big Show? I have a TON of hair, but it's really fine. Ribbon headbands just slip right off the back of my head. I just don't want to fuss with any part of my fashion on my wedding day. Period.

I don't even know how I'm wearing my hair, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be up. I might cut the flower that's on my dress off and wear it in my hair. The thing is, with all the Etsy flowers and such, flowers in the hair is very "been there, done that." I want something slightly different? Maybe?

That being said, I was browsing Etsy for inspiration and I found my "I wish" item. It's by Romancing The Bling and it's a gorgeous Art Deco hair comb. Lookit!

Source

Really pretty, right? It's $68, which I guess isn't too bad, but it ain't in the budget. Boo. Hiss. However, I think something like this will look great with my cool, Lucite Art Deco-y purse. Thoughts? I might be able to DIY something similar if I can find a cool shoe clip or pin or something and attach it to a metal comb. I can totally do that. In my spare time. That I have so much of.

I hope that I am not starting to have a WPM (Wedding Planning Meltdown). I'm starting to get nervous about having to go overseas for a month. I hope I have enough done now so that when I come back, I'm still on schedule. My Day Of Planner, Tabitha (Life a la Mode) says I'm rockin' it, so I have to trust her that it is. I must remain calm.

Anyone else (other than The Future Mrs. Smith) having any freak outs?

P.S. Don't forget to comment to win a $50 Gift Certificate from Moments of Elegance!

5 comments:

  1. oh, the freak out is tough. my planner said i would do it, and i was convinced i wouldn't. mr. smith and our hometown tourist day was just what i needed to take my mind of things - don't worry... even if you do freak out, it won't last. but don't be afraid to lose a bit of that control factor, it's good to get it out of your system then realize "hey, my wedding is going to be awesome."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair comb! Seriously, the damage I could do if I wasn't somewhat practical. I'm kinda freaking out because I still have a lot of projects and decided to take on another one. Ugh. But I am also doing it so my guests don't hate me as they swelter during the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely love the headband! Maybe try a silk headband with an elastic band underneath. this could solve your "squeezing the head" problem. trust me, i hate headbands!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love the hair comb. I love it! I bought my wedding hairpiece in Downtown LA so you know where it was probably made and you will soon be there! Check it out when you are overseas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the head bands....I think I'm going with a head band look instead of a vail.... and the prom wedding dress comment cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete