Friday, May 29, 2009

Invitations? Check.

The invitation are finally done! I am a little worried though. I had one left over invitation. I know all the invites got put into the pocket-folds, so I think this was an extra. I did, however, have three extra response cards and two extra response card stamps left over. This leads me to believe that I forgot to put these in the invitations. I am trying not to beat myself up over it. I hope the person/s who don't have a stamp will float me the 44 cents to tell me they are coming. I hope the people who don't have response cards, but do have an envelope, will tell me. Or, I could have done it all perfectly and these are just "extra." Um, yeah.

I'll mail these a few weeks after I get back from Asia, but I really wanted them completed before I head out. So happy they are done!

Here's the front and back. I know there could be some of you gasping in disbelief that I printed my addresses. Look, the reality is that I'm not going to try to hand-calligraphy these. I'm also not going to pay to have it done. The labels came with the invitations and the printing is pretty and cohesive with the font I'm using on all my printed wedding materials.


I also got to printing the stuff for my wedding favors. I mentioned before that I plan to bake my awesome cookies as favors. I'm going to include the recipe/instructions in the box. I printed on cream colored card stock that I bought at Kinko's for $11.99 for 250 sheets. This will be more than enough, but hopefully I'll use the paper for more fun stuff for the wedding. I haven't nailed that fun stuff down yet.....
Here's a copy of my template:


I grabbed the scrolly thing at the top from Fotosearch, created the template in Word and got to printing. The recipe is printed on one side and the instruction on the other, using the same template. I bought a handy-dandy-mini-paper-trimmer-thingy from Joann's at 40% off, for $11.99. I could have saved an extra 10% off this past weekend, but I didn't want to make the extra trip to save a $1.19.
Photo courtesy Joann's.

This took me a while to get the hang of, but once I did, I plowed through the trimming!

For the "Thank You" medallions that will go on the outside of the favor box, I set up another template like so:
I inserted the artwork I created earlier this month. Go here to read all about it! I printed these out on the same cream colored card stock. When I bought the handy-dandy-paper-trimmer-thingy, I also bought a handy-dandy-paper-puncher-thingy. It was also 40% off, so I paid $7.99. Since I am not a member of the scrap booking community, all these handy-dandy-paper-gizmos are very exciting to me.
Photo courtesy Joann's.

Punching in progress!

Since the favors will be something that is assembled the week of The Big Show, I won't have those photos for a while. I haven't decided the final concept of it anyway. I've got left over flowers from my invitations that can be incorporated somehow. Hmmm....gears cranking.

DON'T FORGET! Go here and register for a $50 Gift Certificate from Moments of Elegance!

5 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did right to print the addresses. Your invitations look very pulled together....great! Very southern chic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love all the trimmers, punchers, markers, etc. from the scrapbooking aisles. Handy dandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i printed my addresses too! and despite a couple spats with my printer, I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete