Thursday, September 17, 2009

We Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program....

......for a bunch of bullshit.

I was in the bathroom this morning, getting ready for work. The Candyman gives me a smooch good-bye and I hear him leave. About 3 minutes later I hear him come back in. He walks up to the bathroom and says, "Honey, I think my truck was stolen."

Um, WHAT????

Sure enough. We go outside and there, in front of our house is a big empty spot where his truck used to be. On the ground is his lunch cooler and some Clorox wipes that used to be sitting in his passenger seat.

Excellent. Seriously? SERIOUSLY????

It's been two hours and twenty minutes and we are still waiting for the cops. Hooray Davidson County! I know it's not an emergency, but OVER TWO HOURS? Please.

Stay tuned for happy last-weekend updates once we get this huge mess sorted out. THANK GOD I have excellent insurance and decided to put The Candyman on it last year. If we are lucky (clearly, we are not) all we will be out is a $300 deductible. Please keep your fingers crossed that this doesn't impact our finances beyond that!

The good part is that no one was hurt. However, there are some thieves out there I want to hurt real bad right now. REAL BAD.

11 comments:

  1. OMG Louise! How awful- I hope they find it. And I'll help you beat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?!?! How ridiculous that someone steals your car from your own driveway and you still have to pay a $300 deductible to get it back! So sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! And you live in a nice neighborhood!! I am shocked!!! I hope you find it! How weird that they left out the lunch cooler and wipes. ??? Good luck!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this. Bizarre thieves too that they put the cooler and wipes on the ground? Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! No WAY! I bet that feels kinda creepy. I remember when your apartment got robbed in L.A.

    As for the cooler and wipes, I bet there were two perps, and I bet the guy riding shotgun (and, yes, I'm assuming they were guys) just threw the stuff on the ground when he got in the passenger seat. Look at me! I'm GoodEnoughDetective! I'm so sorry, Cousin. That blows. Give my best to Candyman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louise - I'm so sorry!!!!

    Three weeks before our wedding the upstairs shitter leaked through the ceiling into our apartment. And then the ceiling caved in. And the our landlord fixed it. And then the DAY BEFORE WE LEFT for our wedding, it all happened again. It was an incredible, no pun intended, amount of shit! Just think of it as one of those last minute tests - you'll get an A :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, thats so awful! Not what you need at the moment or at any time for that matter!

    Hope you get it all sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that's awful! A guy at my work's car was stolen as well last week. They found it b/c the robbers wrecked it and left it on the side of the road. He said that car theft is up 30% around the Antioch/ Hickory Hollow area... don't know where you live but apparently its up all over Nashville. Good luck I hope you find it and thank goodness no one was hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did they not get the memo that this is not cool...especially not right before your wedding?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those punks. If you find out who did it, we can sue them...I know a good lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! thanks everyone for your kind words and offers to beat the crap out of people! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete